What is the Parent Teacher Association (PTA)?
The overall purpose of the PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. PTA is not an organization that just raises money and plans parties – it is so much more! The bottom line is that PTA focuses its efforts, events and activities on education, advocacy and family engagement. Here are just a few examples of what your Coy Miller PTA is planning for students, staff and parents:
- Provide educational programs for students
- Host staff and teacher luncheons during the school year, as well as daily Teacher Appreciation Week activities.
- Coordinate volunteers for all PTA and school related events
- Host family events – Family Game Night, Book Fair, Fun Run, Multicultural Night, Watch Dogs party, back to school social and Popsicles on the Playground.
- Host Diverse Abilities Day to increase awareness and acceptance for one another’s differences.
- and many more to come!
President – Megan Gonzales
Parliamentarian – Kiffany Landress
Council Delegate – OPEN
Treasurer – Richelle Martin
Vice President Programs – Dominica Sequeira
Reflections Chair – Vicky Anastasis
WatchDOGS/MOMS of Miller Chair – Marcus Gonzales
Healthy Lifestyles Chair – Victoria Robison
SAGE Chair – OPEN
Inclusivity Chair – OPEN
Vice President Ways and Means – Chantel Henderson
Book Fair Chair – OPEN
Spirit Wear Chair – Tera Yamamoto
Spirit Nights Chair – Nicole Topciu
Fundraising Chair – Samantha Rowley
Community Partners Chair – OPEN
Vice President Membership – Millie Mathew
Hospitality – Rhonda Lewis
Room Parents Chair – Jennie Bradshaw
Volunteers – OPEN
Secretary – Jaclyn Cook
Publicity – Jenifer Peacock
Historian – Elishia Baxter